We have a 100 percent guarantee of authenticity and a. NO REASONABLE OFFERS REFUSED ON 7000 OTHER ITEMS! Hand Signed and Numbered by the artist.
Limited Edition Lithograph Art Print. Hand signed by the artist.
Paper Size: 26" x 20". Image Size: 22" x 15". Circa late 1970s to early 1980s.
100 percent guarantee of authenticity. Certificate of Authenticity is included.
Send a message for estimate to your overseas location. Please feel free to send us a message. Philippe Lepatre's graphics are colorful, pulsating, representations of sensations, spurts of growth, and all that which is beyond the intellect. His color is applied much like the unpredictable movement of wind or the flowing of water - spontaneous and expressive, yet arising from a creative force that is universal. Lepatre was born in 1910 in Bucharest.
He came to Paris in 1928, where he studied at the Sorbonne. His studies then took him to Berlin, where he took courses in architecture. During the war, he took refuge in southern France, where he began painting. Having participated in the Resistance Movement, he obtained his French Citizenship in 1947. In 1953, he settled in Paris to work.His first exposition was in 1956 at the Collette Allendy in Paris. Lepatre published a manifesto entitled. Prolégomènes pour une Philosophie de la Critique. ("Perforatory Matter for a Critical Philosophy").
In 1958, he published a book entitled. ("Reality in its Totality"), with a preface by Michel Tapié. The head copies consist of a suite of etchings signed by Debré, Hartung, Magnelli, Motherwell, Tàpies, and Lepatre. Lepatre has had several one-man shows in Paris, including the Galerie Stadler in 1968, Simone Loliee in 1969, and the Knoll in 1970 and 1971. His group shows have been held throughout France, England, and Italy, which include the Galerie des Arts in Paris, 1969; the Galerie Cortina in Milan, 1969; the Académie des Arts in Epinal, 1970; the Lore Dauer in Ludwigshafen, 1969; and at the Salon de Montrouge in Paris, 1971 and 1972.His museum exhibitions include the Centre International de Recherché Esthetiques in Turin, 1968; the Centre d'Art Contemporain in Rehovot, 1967; and the Musée de'Art National in Paris, 1972.